Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Zing!

Greetings imaginary readers! I've moved on to the pluralized form because I'd like to believe there's more than one imaginary person reading my blog. I dream big, what can I say.

Let me tell you about the stressful upcoming week I will be having and how I'm writing a blog post instead of working on a) my film analysis essay b) calc review c) chem review d) understanding what the hell is going on in biology. Next week on Monday I have my first calculus and chemistry tests (one right after the other with an hour in between I might add). I also have a five page essay on the prompt "is it possible for there to be a universal hero?" due that day. Tuesday I have my first lab practical for bio lab, which should be fun considering 1) I hate labs and b) I'm not doing too well in that class anyway. This Thursday I have an appointment with the student health clinic to have a lump on my neck checked out (yay!). It's been there for three or four months so I guess I should figure out what the problem is. The week after next I have a study abroad session (mandatory if I want to study abroad, which I do), then I have a biology test (on cell signaling which makes little to no sense. DOES NOT COMPUTE), then that Saturday I'm participating in the Pitt makes a difference day which should be fun because I like helping out. Then the next week........MY PARENTS ARE COMING TO VISIT!

Here I was assuming I was 18 and capable of being independent (to some extent). College has kicked my ass. I want my mommy. No but really, I miss my parents a lot and I'm really glad they're coming to visit for family weekend/homecoming. I hope we kick Rutger's butts.

Also, I feel I'm never going to get into medical school. My parents told me this isn't a legitimate fear as it's only my freshman year but I got an 82 on my first bio test, which isn't bad. Still, I feel like unless I have a 4.0 consistently until I die, medical school will laugh and use me as a lab rat at best. It is a legitimate fear.

I would kill for some homecooked food and some limeade. Oh how I miss thee limeade.

Yesterday I karate chopped the door shut Chuck Norris style and Tess had a good laugh. Then we had an in depth discussion about bananas.

Oh my.

College life is proving to be conisderably as equally mundane as I had expected. I need to go to a party, at least once. I'm going to a party on Halloween at least but I think most of them are up at Sutherland and I don't want to go there.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wellllllllllllllll.

Enjoy imaginarily reading this!

-Technophobe-

No comments: