Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our popularized sub-culture disgusts me

Today I've heard a horribly disturbing bit of information that doesn't necessarily shock me, but still disgusts me. A thirteen year-old daughter of my father's coworker has started cutting herself. I do not understand how the emo-sub-culture has turned kids as young as thirteen and undoubtedly younger into self-mutilating unhappy people.

Why has cutting become okay?

I don't care how depressed you are or how bad your life is. Putting a blade to your skin makes absolutely no sense. I've been depressed, I've been upset, life sucks some times. What you're supposed to do is gather yourself up and deal with your issues or get yourself out of that bad situation. Just giving up and injuring yourself to 'release your pain' isn't okay. Talk to someone, talk to anyone, talk to me. I don't care. Cutting isn't okay. It's the most absurd thing I've ever heard of. Dressing in black and feeling cool becausey you're depressed is probably the most ridiculous trend yet to come around.

Don't cut yourself. Achieve your goals, remember that God never gives you more than you can handle and if you don't believe in God then just remember that things will get better if only you try. Believe in a better tomorrow. I'm so sick of emo and cutting and immaturity.

-Technophobe-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. End of story.

I agree with you completely. It's sad that our world has come to this. But what can we do?

I also wanted to let you know that on occasion I read your blog XD